Sunday, February 18, 2024

Does the Hebrew Word “Shuwa” Mean Something Evil?


By Maria Merola אריאל 
© Copyright Double Portion Inheritance, August 2002-2023

What is the definition of taking our Creators name in vain?

Shemoth (Exodus) 20:7 You shall not take the shem (name) of YaHuWaH your Elohiym in vain [#7723]; for YaHuWaH will not hold him guiltless that takes his name in vain [#7723]. 

The word vain (pronounced sha-oo, not shoo-ah) means the following:

#7723 shav shawv or shav{shav}; from the same as 7722 in the sense of desolating; evil (as destructive), literally (ruin) or morally (especially guile); figuratively idolatry (as false, subjective), uselessness (as deceptive, objective; also adverbially, in vain):--false(-ly), lie, lying, vain, vanity

As you can see, it means to lie about his name, to call his name evil, or to make his name desolate by refusing to pronounce it! 

This is the same thing as taking his name in vain! 

Those who lie about our Messiah’s name and say that the “shuwa” in Yahuwshuwa means something evil, need to repent! 

The word “repent” in Hebrew is “t’shuwa” (teshuva)! 

The word “t’shuwa” also means salvation, and deliverance! 

The lying pen of the scribes did the same thing with the Prophet Elisha’s name! 

The fuller spelling of the name Elisha (Eliyshuwa) is found in two places in Scripture, 2nd Samuel 5:15 & 1st Chronicles 14:5. 

The name “Eliyshuwa” (Elisha) means “Elohiym is salvation!”

Please examine the graphic below:




2 comments:

  1. am a cameroonian from central Africa and a seeker of truth since I came across your blog my understanding to the holy scriptures has changed tremendously I must thank you a lot for making your self available to YAHUAH I SPENT HOURS GOING THROUGH Your TEACHINGS AND I MUST ADMIT AM DIFFERENT NOW AND FOR months I just left my Bible one side and and I spoke to my self you know what you have been reading this Bible for years and I can't continue with that mentality mixed with so much falsehood and now I go through all your post and I feel real good because the spirit gives me that conviction that this is truth you are a blessing to me especially the plog on Paul's TEACHING and the law in fact thank you just so MUCH amd i wish with what am learning from you I will make It at the end into the kingdom of YAHUAH shalom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, brother Hensley! I appreciate your words of encouragement, and I am honored to be a blessing to the body of Messiah.

      Delete